Welcome to Progressive Education – a website dedicated to exploring the potential of progressive, agile thinking in education around the world.
There are lots of exciting things happening in the world of education these days… but the challenge we have to equip young people with the 21st century skills that they need to survive in a world that is radically different from the world of 100 years ago is immense.
There are also exciting things happening in the world of business – especially with the growth of agile and progressive frameworks such as Scrum.
If you’re curious, intrigued, excited, sceptical or horrified by the thought of progressive, agile thinking in education then this site is worth keeping on your radar. Feel free to have a browse and then get in touch to tell me your story.
To find out more about why this site exists, please take a look at The Start of the Journey.
Latest from the Blog
- Agile in Education: M003 Review, Part 1Part 1 of the Agile in Education Meet-up group review, providing a summary of Nicola Cosgrove’s story – how she has embraced agile thinking in her teaching.
- Word Searching – How (Not) to Describe Your PassionHow do you succinctly describe your passion when the obvious words carry so much baggage?
- Sir Ken Robinson PhD, 1950-2020Sir Ken Robinson, influential and passionate advocate of educational transformation, passed away at the weekend. There is still so much we need to learn from him.
- Agile in Education: M002 ReviewA brief review of the second meeting of the Agile In Education Community meet-up group.
- Who the Hell Does This Guy Think He Is?I’m not a teacher. What gives me the right to waltz into schools, colleges and the world of education demanding that everyone change the way things are done?
- Agile Education: Extraordinary Video Footage Uncovered!15 years ago this week, at 19:00 on the evening of Monday 13th July 2020, a group of 16 progressive thinkers and educators met in cyberspace to re-think education. What really happened on that historic night?
- So what is ‘Scrum’? Part 3 – Mind-set and ValuesIn the final part of my introduction to Scrum, I look at the mind-set and values that are central to making Scrum work.
- So what is ‘Scrum’? Part 2 – Core ElementsIn this second of three posts looking at the basics of scrum, I introduce the core elements as described in the official Scrum Guide.
- So what is ‘Scrum’? Part 1 – The Origins of ScrumIn this first post of three looking at the basics of Scrum, I introduce the Scrum Framework and where it came from.
- So what is ‘agile’?In this post I take a not entirely serious look at the origins and catalyst of the agile ‘movement’, born in the exciting and daredevil world of software development.
- The start of the journeyWhy have I created the Progressive Education website and the Agile In Education Community Group? What do I hope to achieve with the project?